Skills Lab offers three days of practical training to develop skills and confidence in Creative Music Leading. Each training day is led by experienced workshop leader James Redwood, and includes a half-day session delivered by a guest leader. Previous guests have included Sarah Freestone, Brenda Rattray-Calo, Jez Wiles, Lea Cornthwaite, Phil Mullen, Rachel Leach and John Webb.
Skills Lab training is designed in response to the needs of a selected group of up to 30 music leaders and musicians who are looking to develop facilitation skills in creative music making and workshop leading.
Skills Lab provides participants with:
- confidence in leading music activities
- new ideas and activities for sessions, including warm-up games, song materials, approaches and techniques
- the opportunity to observe and explore different approaches to music leading
- increased skills and knowledge to pursue a career as a creative music leader
- the opportunity to collaborate creatively with a network of peers
Applications for 2020/21 Skills Lab will open in autumn 2020. Please contact Gail (ku.gro.cisumsdleiflatips@liag) to sign up for an email alert, or if you have any questions about the programme.